We offer all nonexclusive stories under a noncommercial Creative Commons license. You are allowed to repost or reprint our stories as long as you use the guidelines below. If you have questions or would like to discuss commercial use, please contact us.
- Every reproduction must be accompanied by the following credit line at the top of the story on your website. This story [LINK to HECHINGER STORY URL] was produced by The Hechinger Report, a nonprofit, nonpartisan news outlet focused on education.
- The author’s byline should be at the top of the story and should say “By [Author Name], The Hechinger Report.”
- You do not own the copyright to our work. Do not sell our work or syndicate it without our permission. Do not publish our work to third-party platforms, such as Apple News, Yahoo News and SmartNews. If you have a question about this, please contact our senior editor for audience engagement Nichole Dobo.
- If you would like to republish photos or graphics on a story, please contact our multimedia editor Camilla Forte.
- You may run our stories on web pages with standard, automatically generated ads. You may not use a salesperson to proactively sell ads on our stories.
- Do not edit the content other than minor changes such as updating the time element to replace “today” with a date or changing a city or town name to fit your local style.
- Any content labeled as “exclusive” may not be reproduced without permission.
- If you are using canonical links on your stories, you must properly credit us as the original creator. Learn more here.